Thursday, August 5, 2010

Reel Dumb


Yo. I was messing with my reel just a little bit today. I threw in an updated version of the Wrhythm Flash which I will probably have to remove anyway...and I cut out some illustrations and silhouettes. I feel sort of down. My prep. schedule that I made is a just big list of what I wanted to have done by now. I don't want to have to take this class again and I am starting to feel like they will probably say some shit like that. Which blows because I know I could do better with more time but I still have some left.

It looks like I will probably have to go 3D for character animation and maybe some After Effects motion graphics stuff. But I feel like I have learned so much more than that and I am way more valuable than that. It seems, though, to graduate from the school...your reel needs to be more specialized and focused. I may have to remove all my illustration and Flash work which sucks because then it makes me feel weak and crippled...

Blah! I have this 3D lighting hurdle to get over, shit just isn't working out. A lot of my animations still need tweaking too before they are really noteworthy. And if I have to do 3D animation to pass, I would rather do it all the fucking way. So that means to satisfy myself in that manner, I have to do a LOT of work to create some new pieces and make my old pieces mean much more. I have to create stories behind this shit, adding environments and combining elements to show how creative my mind truly is.

*EDIT: I tried to use the render farm for the first time and it worked! But I accidentally messed up the lighting on one of my scenes so it looks like ass but at least I figured it out and can start making a work-flow. So I threw in those re-lit pieces real quick.


No comments:

Post a Comment