Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life Drawing Workshop July 31st 2010






Here are my life drawings from the last workshop session. It was long pose day so we started off with a bunch of 2 minute poses then we did a couple of 20s and then two 45s. I used conte for the last 45 minute pose. I think I got some decent ones.The whole time though I was thinking of how awesome my marker ones were and about how much I was struggling to really get my charcoal to do what I want. I spent a lot of time sharpening and sanding it so I had the thin and fat edge but I must have been pressing hard or something because my thin edge was always wearing down quick. I was constantly experimenting with different weight leads...B, HB, 3B...all that fun stuff.

Then I tried to take better photos by setting it on my easel outside instead of just on the ground in the garage or on my bed where I always end up with horrible photographs that I can barely even level in Photoshop. I have found something else I need to learn...

I also decided to try and tackle oil painting once again so I started that small canvas while I was chilling with Jon. He gave me some good advice when it comes to preparing your materials and how much paint and linseed oil I should use. Turns out I usually mess up my preparation and screw myself right in the beginning when it comes to the more traditional mediums I am not as experienced with. But it feels like a good time to really figure it out. Anyway...um...yeah! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment