Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slick!







Yo what up?! So I went into Computer Animation Studio with some marker drawings I did of instruments and stuff. My last comp was mostly Photoshop editing but Randolf suggested I create some of my assets by hand. I tried to draw some real awesome cymbals, guitars and drums...damn it was tough! I almost painted them with gouache or watercolors but I felt the sudden urge to use markers. I was testing the colors out on a separate piece of paper so I could find the right combination. I still used Photoshop to simplify and sharpen the colors after I did a hi-res scan but it looks dope now! Then I went and downloaded like 20 different cool fonts to test out. Randolf gave me a lot of good advice and showed me a couple cool techniques. Some weren't working out so well, but a few of the others are god damn gold for this style. I need to add some music and mess with the motions some more but it is on the way. Much better than the first piece.
*EDIT: I uploaded a more recent version that has a short sound clip of EVH rocking out and I extended the length a little bit and also added a fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment