Monday, July 12, 2010

Media
















Here is a bunch of stuff I did over my break. I got lazy and I should have posted each page right after finishing it so I would be more willing to discuss what went into them...but whatever.

*Edit: Alright I have to write something. So the bottom one here I attempted to paint a portrait of Charlie Murphy but it ended up looking like Dede from Friday. Then I attempted to paint a picture of Zach Hill holding a garbage bag of drumsticks. That was harder than I thought it would be! As you can probably tell by it's unfinished state. But I don't like working too long when I'm painting stuff like that unless I'm still into it after I started the idea. Which wasn't the case I suppose...

So above that there is a page of some Avatar: The Last Airbender studies mixed in with some doo-doo sketches from my head. All done with markers and ink.

Next there are some more reference-less sketches of some girls and skulls and stuff. I tried to do some weird marker blending on that page.

Above that, I was studying this gun catalog called Cheaper Than Dirt and writing some of their fancy descriptions. It made me think of inventories or stores from R.P.G.s and stuff.

Then there is an acrylic painting of my dog, Homie. He has a weird shaped head and it is hard to capture those forms from the front.

Above that, a couple of marker sketches I did while I was at Last Friday in June.

Then there is an ink/watercolor "Master Sloppy" of Leonardo's David. Yeah I know, big head mode...

Finally we have lots of Scott Pilgrim inspired comic characters and dialogue bubbles, some quick graff sketches and water color portraits using random magazines as reference. Phew! See? I knew there was a lot to say about this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment