Friday, December 31, 2010

Art Buffet









YO. Here is a bunch of stuff that's been going on in my head lately. I got some dope books from my brother for Christmas so I have been doing plenty of Michael Hampton studies and even drawing up some superheroes for fun.

In other news, I have to create the poster for the next Sketchbook Battle since I was the winner last quarter and I was playing around with some ideas in photoshop...A lot of them weren't working. I ended up with a decent success and I sent it to Kevin but I haven't gotten a response yet. I feel like it was my first time designing a POSTER (not a FLYER) that is going to be printed nice and it really has to get the message across since people can be easily confused by the rules...

If you can't tell, the actual DESIGN and typography layout IS loosely based off of Brandon Lin's because I thought about eye-catching colors and simple design and when I looked at his poster, he had already solved many design issues I was going to face.

I thought, what is the loudest color, like yellow, or red...and he already mixed em up! I had my piece and was like...hmm there's still some space on the top and bottom...well if the title has it's own label it solves that too. So holy shit. WELL he did win like 2 or 3 times so that's plenty of posters to design, I'm sure it only gets easier. Anyways...let me know what you think if you will. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment