Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hot Sauce Gang Drink & Draw





Here are my drawings from the first Drink & Draw of the Hot Sauce Gang. I colored them with markers before I scanned them because that's just how I roll. Boom!

I was talking to Rick about colors and learning and shit...and I remember he said to think of color as temperature because our teacher Kevin Anderson said that to him...and I told Rick that I remember my teacher in high school asking if I was going to work in cool or warm color schemes...blue, green, purple or red, yellow, orange.

This got me thinking how I perceive color...and I love to outline drawings in markers or to paint...I love how it feels to have the paper soak in my lines and I like to outline people in relevant colors. I try to capture the vibe or the aura that people have with colors that convey a proper mood. There is an energy and a feeling to seeing a shitload of one color, but I have also learned that combos of colors allow you to create an even greater impact. Well I'm tired...ahahaha good night. Oh yeah go check out the blog.

http://hotsaucegang.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment