Friday, January 28, 2011

Recollect










I tried to paint Buckethead in gouache on the page with Reggie and Daft Punk but it didn't turn out quite how I wanted. I think I might want to do another layer over it but I may not get the chance realistically...

I did an ink and marker piece of the singer/guitarist of Gogol Bordello...gypsy...then Borat is hiding on the bottom of the next page.

I did some Michael Hampton studies and a few sketches and I have been coloring those for fun.

During Week 2, I went down to the Lifedrawing Workshop but I felt totally sick so I only had the time/strength to fill one page.

The next day I tried to draw some more during a class, but my head was still bothering me so it felt unusual.

I watched a cool video at theartcenter.blogspot and it inspired me to do some made up ink/marker stuff. I attempted a master copy of Sargent's Rosina in oils. That was weird...I learned a lot though.

Then there are some Bridgman studies, Vilppu studies, lots of sketches and a little marker mess based off of the Mars Volta poster/album cover.>

No comments:

Post a Comment