Monday, August 31, 2009

Breaking the Rules...




There's a picture of my artistic arsenal on the floor. I decided to just tape and paint on one page, and that sucked. Then I started using some skateboard, car, and magazine references with microns and ink. I decided to take a cue from James Jean and just cross and overlap lines. I felt like I was breaking my own rules and there were times when I found myself trying to stop at the "edge" of another drawing. I liked the result and it seems I can do more with markers then I had first though. I also used a bit of chalk pastels on the cheetah and surfboard, then I just used all types of markers and colored pencils. I'm hoping to do more stuff like this with the rest of the sketchbook, experimenting with different mediums and such because I am having more fun and I feel like this is the best book I've done so far.

1 comment:

  1. yo lol nice work but where were you yesterday? we were doing zbrush stuff

    ReplyDelete