Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Superu







Yo here is some dope shit. I just felt like painting whatever last night so I picked up my Afro Samurai dvd sitting right there and started mixing. After that I went digging into my References folder where I just save random images I like or plan to paint someday and I decided to use a promo desktop background for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World as my reference. It is the weird purplish haired girl. The character's name is Ramona Flowers. In the movie I think she is played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I like the way it turned out but I did NOT capture that hair color...you're going to have to find the original yourself. After that I used another random shot of just some chick's legs. Then I googled observations and Paul Cezanne's piece with the skull was one of the first to come up, so I decided to try to copy those strokes/colors since my homie Rick recommended such a task as a good exercise. For the big finale, you get a pepper from a photo and a drunken marker sketch of our family friend Garen haha. Oh yeah, I have also been posting a couple of guitar videos on youtube if you give a fuck maybe you could try and find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment