Monday, January 4, 2010

The Gift


Yo what up?! I got a new sketchbook recently because there was a green SG on the front and even though I still have to do another piece and complete random pages in my old sketchbook, I decided to do the first page in this one. I used a picture I took of my nephew Ben playing guitar in my room. The drawing is a 9x12 that I started in pencil and then blended with a paper towel before adding black and grey layers in marker. This took about two hours...It's hard to do tones on faces, and it is also tough to draw children or people you know. The little details of the face and the eyes mean a lot. I feel like I've gotten way better since I started this blog. Especially on portraits and different mediums. Word...feeling cocky for a second. Alright, Peace.

1 comment: