Monday, November 2, 2009

CONTEMPLATION OR PROCRASTINATION






YOU MUST CREATE, JUST TO DESTROY, SO YOU CAN CREATE AGAIN & AGAIN...
Stencils are fun, spray paint is fun. Maybe it's because people automatically affiliate either with "bad" or "illegal" (yes also in quotes, laws are just dumb imaginary rules)... shit.But art is freedom! Freedom is a mind state and not a gift and being able to instantly color the world around me is an awesome reinforcement of that feeling. So I have been making some stencils lately, starting my repertoire. Check it. I love spraying a new stencil for the first time to see that it came out clean and sharp. It's fucking tough and I have already disappointed myself with a Hendrix attempt. Gotta make the cuts thicker...and I need to really learn how to spray. Oh well learning more about a new medium and different techniques then I'm used to and that is always a good thing. But the Stephen Hawking has me super proud.

1 comment:

  1. nice work dude. stencils are always the shit. when i do stencils, i make sure i use spray adhesive to keep my stencil down and i spray at least a couple feet away. anyway just keep working it, think of your cuts as line weights. thats the key.

    ReplyDelete